Candle is blamed for flat blaze
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after a candle caused a fire in her flat.
Twelve firefighters from Torpoint and Saltash attended the fire in a first floor flat in Park Road, Torpoint, yesterday afternoon.
Crew manager Merv Mullinger from Saltash said the living room of the flat suffered smoke damage.
"There was damage believed to have been caused by a candle," crew manager Mullinger said.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to put out the fire in the living room.
The flat involved was one in a block of four.
The Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said crews ventilated two flats and the woman involved was taken to hospital.
Mr Mullinger said the woman's smoke alarm was working and saved the day.
He urged people to check their alarms.
"If you haven't got a smoke alarm, you can contact the fire service which can arrange to have one fitted," he said.