Elderly woman has medical treatment after fire in Tavistock
AN elderly woman suffered smoke inhalation after a fridge caught on fire in Tavistock.
Fire crews from Tavistock and Launceston were mobilised to a report of a fridge on fire in a property near Milton Abbot near Tavistock at 3.20am on Saturday night.
Western Power Distribution were requested along with an ambulance for an elderly female suffering smoke inhalation, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.
The ground floor utility room was 25 per cent damaged by the fire, a spokeswoman added.
In an unrelated incident crews were sent to Ivybridge yesterday after a dishwasher caught on fire.
Two fire engines from Ivybridge and Crownhill were dispatched at 11.25am.
Crews confirmed there was a small fire in a kitchen involving the dishwasher which was out when crews arrived.