Kitchen fire caused by fat catching alight in Plymouth
FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a fire this evening in the East of the city.
Two crews of firefighters from Greenbank station attended the kitchen fire on Laira Bridge Road in Prince Rock after being called by the home owner just after 6pm.
The fire was under control within minutes and no one from the family of four were hurt. The 10 firefighters used two breathing apparatus to protect themselves from the fumes and a hose reel in order to dampen the flames.
The blaze had been caused by fat in the grill pan catching fire during cooking, say fire crews.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Watch Manager Green, who attended the scene, reminded people to take care when cooking. He said: "People should remember to thoroughly wash their grill pan before use so as to avoid this kind of mishap. Luckily, in this instance, no one was hurt."