Late-night burger started fire
A DRUNK man went home and tried to cook a burger – but almost burned his flat down.
Emergency services rushed to the ground floor flat in Vauxhall Street in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The householder had set fire to the grill while cooking a burger.
Three fire engines, police and paramedics all attended at the scene.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
But fortunately the fire didn't take hold and nobody was injured.
The incident has sparked a fresh safety warning from police.
A spokesman said: "We were diverted from clubland to a report of a male in a flat having caught the grill on fire.
"He was drunk trying to cook a burger. No one was hurt.
"Thankfully the male wasn't injured and was checked by paramedics.
"It could've been fatal. Don't cook if you're drunk."