EMERGENCY crews were called to Landulph, near Saltash, on Saturday following reports of a crashed microlight aircraft.
Crews from Westcountry Ambulance, Cornwall Fire and Rescue and Devon and Cornwall Police all attended the incident which occurred shortly after 1.10pm.
Two fire appliances from Saltash and a rescue tender from Bodmin took part in the emergency response.
On arrival emergency personnel found the pilot, a man in his 50s, suffering injuries still within the microlight.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
The man was later taken by air ambulance to Derriford Hospital. Police said his injuries were "not serious". He has since been discharged from hospital.
Police said the Air Accident Investigation Board have been informed and will take primacy over the investigation. No other persons were injured, or property damaged.
PLANNING officers are to decide whether three units at the Brewhouse, in Royal William Yard can be turned from an exhibition area into a restaurant and cafe.
Urban Splash have made a revised planning application to Plymouth City Council's planning department for the change of use of part of the Brewhouse building.
The owners say the current use is for office, cafe, bakery and art space, but they wish to convert it to 627 square metres of space for restaurant use which could see 30 staff employed.
A TUMBLE-dryer fire in Torpoint needed 17 firefighters to help tackle it.
Crews from Torpoint, Saltash and Camels Head fire station were called to the blaze in Trelawney Rise, Torpoint at just after 10.30am yesterday after reports of smoke billowing from the property's windows.
Crews initially entered the two storey end of terrace house with two breathing apparatus and one hose reel. After making their way through thick smoke firefighters found the source of the fire – a tumble-dryer in the kitchen.
A TWELVE-bedroomed house in Greenbank could be turned into student accommodation.
The Surrey-based owner of the property in Sutherland Road has applied to Plymouth City Council's planning department for a change of use to the large three storey house. The plans propose a bedroom on the first floor being turned into a kitchen and bathrooms on each floor.
The application is to be decided at a later date by a council officer.