Mother, father and grandmother accused of child neglect sent to crown court
A MOTHER, father and grandmother accused of neglecting a boy over seven years have had their case sent to Crown Court.
The trio appeared again before Plymouth magistrates accused of failing to take the disabled boy to a string of welfare appointments.
The trio, from the city, are said to have neglected a child for whom they have responsibility in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health between October 2005 and January this year.
The mother and father and the grandmother have all indicated 'no plea' to the charge. The Herald cannot identify them for legal reasons.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Magistrates have now committed the case to Plymouth Crown Court.
They were released on unconditional bail to appear before a judge on October 29.
The court was previously told that at the time the boy lived with all three defendants.
Magistrates were told the boy had a disability and agencies had been involved with the family since 2004.
The Crown Prosecution Service has accused the trio of a 'lack of engagement' with hearing tests, eye tests and physiotherapy.