Plymouth hotel evacuated after fire breaks out in laundry room
Boringdon Hall Hotel was evacuated this morning after a fire broke out in the laundry room.
Firefighters from three stations were sent to the Plymouth venue just before 7am after a fault in a tumble dryer caused the premises to become smoke-logged.
More than 50 guests had to be evacuated while crews from Greenbank, Plympton and Crownhill entered the property and dealt with the fire.
A water bowser and the aerial platform also attended.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Crews say the fire was contained to the tumble drier and after making sure it was out they ventilated the property - and were back at station within an hour.
Guests were out of the hotel for 15 minutes after which they could return to the main part of the building - and later to their rooms.
Six bedrooms are smoke damaged.