Plymouth restaurant Rhodes at the Dome evacuated after head chef treated for smoke inhalation
FIRE crews were called to the Rhodes at the Dome restaurant tonight after emergency services said a blaze broke out in the kitchen.
The incident at the Hoe restaurant was called in just after 6.30pm and was under control by 7.30pm.
Head chef Liam Rutherford was treated for smoke inhalation and 75 customers were evacuated.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "There was a fire involving a commercial cooking range. The building was evacuated.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
"There were no other injuries."
Restaurant manager David Pover said: "One of the small ovens at the side of the kitchen smoked quite heavily so we evacuated the restaurant and called the fire service."