Seagull saved from chimney
FIREMEN rescued a seagull trapped in barbed wire on the roof of a home.
A crew freed the chick from wire around a chimney in St Budeaux yesterday.
The RSPCA called in the fire brigade because the bird was in distress in Loughboro Road.
Firefighters from Camels Head freed the chick from the two-storey home and removed the barbed wire.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
DRIVE AWAY A BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC FOR ONLY £7685.
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The RSPCA took away the bird, believed to have been trapped by its leg for some time, but its condition is not known.
Firefighter Alan Davis said: "At the end of the day we are a humanitarian service and we do not want to see animals suffer."