Woman treated for smoke inhalation after Keyham fire
A WOMAN who inhaled smoke was treated by paramedics following a fire in a flat in Plymouth.
Firefighters said a living room was filled with fumes after a cushion fell on to a heater in Keyham early on Saturday.
The occupants were alerted by a smoke detector.
Two fire crews were called to the first floor flat in Saltash Road at 1am.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Firefighters found that the fire was out but the front room was filled with smoke.
Camels Head watch manager Nigel Toms said a woman was treated by paramedics for minor smoke inhalation. But she did not need to go hospital.
He added: “A cushion had fallen from a chair or settee on to a bar heater. The smoke alarm was set off.
“People in the flat were up and about and threw the cushion out of the window.
“The smoke detector went off and the people reacted, which is exactly what is meant to happen.
“It was a bit smokey in there but no real damage other than to the cushion.”
Crews used a large fan to clear away the smoke.