Fire alert at Plymouth charity shop
FIRE crews were called to a city charity shop when a light fitting overheated.
Staff at the St Luke's Hospice shop in Embankment Road called for help when they smelt burning.
Two fire engines from Greenbank and a third from Plymstock were sent to the scene, along with the turntable ladder from Crownhill, shortly before 12.30pm yesterday.
Firefighters found a small fire involving an overheating light fitting.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
They made it safe and isolated the electricity supply using small tools, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.
Firefighters from Greenbank said nobody was hurt in the small fire, which was believed to be accidental.
FIREFIGHTERS were called to reports of a blaze at a property in a small South East Cornwall village.
A Looe-based crew went to the chimney fire in Morval at around 10.10pm on Thursday.
They used chimney rods to put out the fire before severe damage was caused.