With a vision to be 'the enterprise university', Plymouth is a dynamic and innovative place to work and study, transforming lives through education, world-class research and innovation on a global stage. We combine a strong heritage, tracing our roots back to 1862 and the establishment of the Plymouth School of Navigation, with a contemporary outlook as a modern university.
As a values-based organisation our ethos and culture drives what we do and how we do it. We strive to be:
• Spirited in providing an ambitious, inspiring, passionate and friendly learning and working environment for our students and staff.
• Connected to our communities and take a partnership approach with individuals and organisations to spark creativity and maximise our impact.
• Creative in celebrating and respecting difference in background, identity, ideas and beliefs and encouraging a creative and inclusive working and learning environment.
• Pioneering by embedding an enterprising approach through all of our activities, creating an environment where good ideas are welcomed and fostered, tested and acted upon.
• Expert in what we do through the valuable contributions, passions and talents of our staff, students and partners.
• Empowering in enabling our staff, students and partners to think for themselves, make their own decisions, and make a difference.
Our enterprising approach will further develop our reputation as a world-leading University and our enterprise culture will deliver sustained innovation and international impact. We will use the knowledge we create to transform lives. We will achieve this through world-class research, excellence in teaching and learning, and through our partnerships and collaborations. We will maintain our commitment to driving social inclusion, economic prosperity, and environmental quality in our local community and beyond.