Fire inside Plymouth primary school, firefighters race to scene
A FIRE inside a Plymouth primary school sparked a major alert this morning.
Two fire crews were sent to the school in Beaumont Road shortly before 9.10am.
They were responding to a 999 call where the caller reported a "strong electrical smell" in the building.
Crews from Greenbank and Plymstock worked at the scene to identify the source.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
They found a small fire on the first floor of the school building which was already out, a Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said.
Firefighters made an inspection of the area and made the building safe.
It is unclear at this stage what caused this morning's fire.