Fire service called to deal with difficult Tavistock chimney fire
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service were called to reports of a chimney fire on Glanville Road, Tavistock around 2.30am during the night between Saturday and Sunday. An appliance from Tavistock was sent to the scene and, using chimney gear and a thermal image camera, proceeded to put out the fire.
Crews on scene requested assistance, which came from Tavistock, as the chimney fire proved to be difficult to extinguish.
At 06.30am the crews confirmed that the chimney fire was extinguished.